Monday, September 17, 2012

1012

...over the last weekend, on Saturday, my cell phone rings, i pick it up and press accept; the voice of my niece Candice addresses me; "my mom's in Trinidad, we are going to Maracas do, you want to come with us?" sure i answer, so i get my only swim suit and a towel bag them and await the Saturday beach party; turns out to be Candice, two of sisters: Gail and Annmarie, Yvens - a friend of Gail, and myself. Since its Yvens' first visit to Trinidad the car is full of talk about mainly food, flora and fauna...

beach sand -
from cellophane packs
taste of chili bibi

--gillena cox

some of you may prefer this version of the haiku; tell me what you think

sandy beach -
from cellophane packs
taste of chili bibi

--gillena cox

9 comments:

Melbourne Australia Photos said...

What an idyllic shot! Looks very inviting!

Gillena Cox said...

Welcome to Lunch Break Nick


much love...

Out of Sight L said...

I love everything I see here, I feel calmer, it's fantastic and I'm a bit in the mood for something I've never tasted :)

Gillena Cox said...

Lorraine, glad you stopped by; my grandmother used to make us chili bibi; i was so surprised to see it still being sold hadn't had it in decades; ah the nostalgia


much love...

Candi B said...

Breath taking ;)

Bill said...

I like the "sandy beach" version; it gives me a bit more to do.

Gillena Cox said...

Candice thank you for dropping in

much love...

Gillena Cox said...

Bill: after writing them both, i want to agree with you; the second one is the one i prefer


much love...

voyance gratuite said...

Good article! Thank you so much for sharing this post. Your views truly open my mind.