Monday, August 02, 2010

Cinderella Syndrome 2


Today is a holiday in Trindad and Tobago; Emancipation Day

But, for the poor unhappy girl, Cinderella; there was nothing at all. No dresses, only her stepsisters’ hand-me-downs. No lovely dishes, nothing but scraps. No rest and no comfort. She had to work hard all day...


continuing the Cinderella Syndrome or What every girl should have; well!!! at least once in her lifetime, anyways...in haiku/haibun style throughout the month of August; e-mail me or
add your contributions at comments; to be included in the day's post

4 comments:

Lorraine said...

That is very impressive wow Gillena, I'll see if I can send something that makes the cut..being such a freestyler, I don't always succeed, but hey it's fun to try a haiku, about something every girl should have in a lifetime, I can do that! ;

Devika Jyothi said...

Yes, very impressive Gillena -- either way - Emancipation or Cindrella's plight! :)

wishes,
devika

Unknown said...

I could feel something, but i couldn't say what is it. terrible?

sakuo.

Gillena Cox said...

Lorraine, Devika,Sakuo san--thanks for stopping by;

Sakuo san you understood the mood of the haiga if you click on the word Emancipaton in the text it links you to some info

Devika its good that you appreciate the juxtaposition

Lorraine,thanks for the thumbs up;
on August at Lunchbreak


much love
gillena